Know Before You Go Overview
Event attendees are encouraged to travel as lightly as possible to expedite the screening process at designated checkpoints. The following items are not permitted in the downtown event:
- Alcohol purchased outside the footprint
- Animals (except service animals assisting those with disabilities)
- Any Firearms (pursuant to A.R.S. section 4-229)
- Bags, backpacks, briefcases or pursues larger than 12 inches by 12 inches. Limit one per person & all bags will be searched.
- Beer, wine, liquor or any other alcoholic beverage
- Bicycles, roller skates/blades, skateboards, “Razor” style boards, or any other self-propelled device
- Coolers or containers, including cans and bottles
- Explosives, dangerous weapons including any type of edged weapon to include knives, impact weapons, and electric pulse weapons are prohibited
- Flags or Banners with Poles and signs of any kind
- Folding chairs & blankets
- Laser pointers
- Pedicabs will not be allowed inside the footprint and will subject enforcement/removal
- Shopping Carts
- Sticks, rods, bars or poles over one foot in length whether free standing or attached to other objects
- The Downtown area is a “No Drone Zone”. Unmanned Aircraft Systems are strictly prohibited by Federal Law
- Other items that in the judgment of security pose a safety hazard or diminish the enjoyment of an event by other patrons. Event staff reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone
Prohibited item discovered inside the designated area or any items left unattended for any amount of time are subject to confiscation.
Prohibited items discovered during security inspections at the checkpoints must be either returned to the owner’s vehicle or discarded. No safekeeping locations will be provided at the event.
Drink Responsibly (Alcohol Ordinance)
The Arizona Organizing Committee has obtained a special event liquor license that allows for the Championship Campus to be an enclosed outdoor liquor campus in Downtown Phoenix. Event attendees will be allowed to walk throughout the designed area with alcoholic beverages.
- No outside alcohol will be allowed in the event
- Guests who are obviously impaired will not be admitted through the event checkpoint at the discretion of event management.
- You must be at least 21-years-old to purchase alcohol. All alcohol sales require a picture ID as proof of age.
- No Identification; No Alcohol
- Once age has been verified, guests will be provided with a wristband which must remain visible.
Businesses within the designated area may choose to participate in the special event liquor license. Security or signage will be provided to indicate if alcohol can be removed from the establishments into the open campus.
Parents or guardians reporting lost children should immediately contact a police officer or event security. The child’s information will be provided to the law enforcement command post.
If a police officer, event staff employee, security employee or volunteer finds a lost child, every effort will be made to quickly return the child to the parents/guardians.
A police officer or designee will stay with the child until the parents/guardians are located. If the parents/guardians cannot be located in a reasonable amount of time, the police officer may bring the child to the law enforcement command post until the parties are reunited.
Providing a safe and enjoyable environment is the top priority for public safety officials. Suspicious and illegally parked vehicles will be immediately towed from the event at the owner’s expense.
Lost and Found
Reports of lost, found or stolen items can be made at any Guest Relations booth or to any police officer at the event. Loss and stolen item reports may be made online at phoenix.gov/police, by clicking “on-line reporting.”
We are confident Playoff Fan Center guests will display great enthusiasm, team support, hospitality and sportsmanship. Our goal is to promote a high-energy environment, while maintaining a wholesome, family-oriented atmosphere by defining certain acts or types of behavior that are unacceptable. Irresponsible conduct will not be tolerated at Playoff Fan Central. Unruly patrons will be subject to ejection, and possible arrest.
Permits and Licensing