Planning Your Route
- Public Transportation is the recommended mode of transportation to access downtown Phoenix for the CFP festivities. valleymetro.org/azchampgame
- By taking public transportation you won’t need to worry about driving or parking. Visit valleymetro.org to plan to trip.
Driving Tips and Safety
- If you plan to drive, utilize recommended routes for the easiest access into and out of downtown Phoenix and allow for additional travel time. (see Recommended Routes Map).
- Drivers are encouraged to avoid 7th Street to enter or exit downtown Phoenix. 7th Street is expected to have the heaviest amount of traffic.
- Check in for traffic updates by dialing 5-1-1 from any landline or mobile phone in Arizona. 511 is maintained by the Arizona Department of Transportation.
- Drivers should enter or exit downtown Phoenix from the west or south. Avoid congestion by exiting the freeways on 7th Avenue.
- Allow for extra travel time as some streets will be restricted in downtown Phoenix.
- Look for wayfinding signage to help guide you into downtown Phoenix, parking facilities and to the airport.
- Be on the lookout for electronic message signs as you enter freeways and downtown for messages on traffic, parking and events.
- All drivers are encouraged to drive with caution and to heed all traffic warnings.
- Drivers entering downtown Phoenix are encouraged to be mindful of pedestrian traffic as the 2016 CFP National Championship Game festivities will draw a large number pedestrians.
- To help ensure the safe movement of traffic, police officers will be deployed throughout downtown Phoenix to help direct motorists and pedestrians.
- Please note that other events also will be taking place in and around the vicinity of downtown Phoenix.
Consider using Grid Bike Share as a transportation option for making short trips in and around downtown Phoenix. Grid Bike Share has hundreds of bicycles available for Phoenix residents and visitors.
During the 2016 College Football Playoff National Championship Game festivities some Grid Bike Share stations in the downtown Phoenix may be moved temporarily to a different location.
Visit GridBikeshare.com for more information.